Thursday, December 6, 2012

Reflection for "Kidnapping Is Sometimes Easier on the Other Side"


Lakendra Richey
Professor Tetterton
ENGL 1100-110
Final Project
 06 December 2012

Reflection for “Kidnapping Is Sometimes Easier on the Other Side”
            When I first wrote this paper, I was extremely nervous about turning it in because I didn’t exactly know how the “college grading system” went.  I spent a great deal of time trying to consider what I should write about and how I should write it.  I allowed some of my peers to proofread it and give me their feedback which was sometimes good and other times not so much my style.  Fortunately on the night before the final paper was due, I ran into this guy from New York who was working on his Master’s in business and he said “You look extremely stressed out. Is there anything I can do to get you smiling?” and I response told him “Yeah, just proofread my paper because I don’t know what the heck I am doing!” So he proofread it and to my surprise when he gave it back, it was full of markings, yellow tabs, highlighter marks, and many different circles and lines pointing in opposite directions.  I immediately teared up because I thought that that meant my paper had to suck pretty badly, but before I could let a tear fall he said “It’s not that bad, you just need to use stronger vocabulary and develop your sentences a little more. I’ll help you, if you have time to spare.” So we moved to one of the little tables in the Joyner circulation area and worked on my paper while sipping caramel macchiatos until closing. 
            The next day when I handed my paper in I felt so relieved because when I handed it in I knew that it was going to do me justice because I had really put ALOT of work and time into it.  I was extremely anxious to know what my grade was over the few weeks that we had to get it back and once I actually saw my grade I believed that the wait was well worth it.  Due to the amount of work and time I put into this paper, I decided to create a revision on it for my final project.  I changed a lot of things in response to your comments such as changing my title from “A Parallel Universe between Two Countries” to “Kidnapping is Sometimes Easier on the Other Side”, listing my main points, and reevaluating my citations.  I also went in and changed the introduction back to how I had originally had it before I had turned it in and I condensed and changed a few paragraphs around.   
            Being apart of your English 1100-Section 110 class has been a great pleasure because I have learned many exercises and tricks to making myself become a better writer.  You have also taught me how to find my voice by making Project Two a blog orientated paper, which I absolutely loved.  I really hope that I can somehow get you as a professor next semester because your class has taught me a great deal in the essence of writing and I have absolutely enjoyed every last moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment